Wednesday 29 June 2011

GLOBAL EDUCATION LEICESTER-SHIRE'S STRAWBERRY TEA

Claire Plumb (GELS Co-ordinator), Nilesh Chauhan (Curriculum Enrichment Officer with Leicester City Council), Clare Carr (GELS Co-ordinator)
To Southfields Library this afternoon, where Global Education Leicester-Shire (GELS) is holding an informal meeting and social get together to give long-standing members a chance to reconnect, and to welcome people who have joined the network recently. Borrowing a lovely idea from Whitehall Primary School, GELS plays host to a "Strawberry Tea".

This is a very enjoyable interlude in a very busy day for me. I'm due to attend the meeting of Leicester SACRE (Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education) at the Friends' Meeting House, Queens Road, which starts at 1630. So I'm only able to stay for half an hour - long enough for a quick cuppa, a few spoonfuls of Eton Mess and a scone ("Me? A scone? Go on!") But I wouldn't have missed giving my support to the old team today. ("Less of the 'old' if you don't mind!" says Clare C.)

I'm glad to hear, later in the day, that reinforcements turn up after I have to leave. Just as well: there was quite a pile of strawberries to get through!

No comments:

Post a Comment