Friday 25 February 2011

Here's to you faithful reader, wherever you may be

As this week comes to its end, I thought I'd share with you a question that often occupies my mind: who is reading this blog and why?

Since it's my blog of course, I have access to statistics that the readers don't get to see: the most popular posts, referring sites, and the parts of the world where my readers are based. This week, for instance, I've had pageviews from readers in the following countries:

  1. United Kingdom 356
  2. United States 207
  3. Russia 63
  4. Germany 59
  5. Ukraine 26
  6. France 25
  7. Israel 12
  8. Latvia 12
  9. Canada 7
  10. Hungary 6
This week's total: 761 (This is the aggregate of the figures from the top ten countries only. The software doesn't give me access to any other numbers.)

I wonder who you are and what you make of what you read here. I'd love to know a little bit more about you and to read what you have to say about what I've written here. I'd like the blog to grow organically, with more than just my input alone - I'd love to know your reactions and have the chance to respond to what you think and say.

So whether you're a regular visitor or you've stumbled upon the blog for the first time; whether you live just round the corner in Leicester itself and know well the people, places and events described here or you're on the other side of the planet - why not take a moment or two and make your own mark here? What do you like about the blog? What do you look forward to hearing about? What do you expect or hope to find that I'm not covering? What surprises you? What disappoints you? What would you say differently, if you were writing these posts? What would you like me to cover, to tell you more about?

Most of all, I'd like to know a little bit more about you: who you are, where you are, what you do and why you're here. Leave a comment, let me know.

Consider this an open invitation, one and all, to leave your comments on this entry or any other entry that takes your fancy throughout the lifetime of this blog - and to do so on this visit or at any time in the future.

Don't be shy and don't be a stranger. I'm sure your contributions will bring a new flavour, a welcome fragrance we'll all appreciate and enjoy. I know I will.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy these posts because they give us an opportunity to live up to our ideals in a co-operative atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete